Vallaris solanacea is a Evergreen, woody climber, which can growth up to about 2 - 4 m tall as a shrub. Light green, glossy, opposite leaves are elliptic or ovate with wavy leaf margin. Flowers are borne in clusters of large, white cup-shaped flowers located near the tip of branches. Flower open in the morning, but their Pandan or burnt rice-like fragrance is strongest in the evening.
- This species is easy to grow and has a moderate growth rate. Plant this species in fertile, well-drained soil.
- Provide a sturdy pergola or trellis to train plant to climb. It flowers best under full sun, because shady conditions inhibit flowering.
- Mulch the plants with compost to prevent the soil from drying out or the roots from overheating.
- Feed plants with a fertilizer rich in phosphorus to promote flowering. Avoid using nitrogen rich fertilizers, because they encourage development of leaves rather than flowers.
- Trim the branch tips after spent flowers to promote new growth and more flowering.
Sunlight - Full Sunlight (6hrs)
Water - Always Maintain the moisture in the soil. When the leaves turning dull it is indication of water requirement.
Fertilizer - Apply any organic fertilizer once in 2 month.
Repotting - Repot after 2 years if it is in the pot, prune it if it is the ground.
Location - Pot/Sunny Open Balcony/In the Garden/Compound area
INSIDE THE BOX
||Vallaris solanacea Plant
||1 Feet Height
||Growing Pot (Black color)
|| 6 Inch
**above specifications are for indicative purpose only, actual dimensions may slightly vary.
INITIAL CARE FOR 10-15 DAYS JUST AFTER RECEIVING YOUR PLANT
- Remove the Packaging Materials carefully.
- Press the soil in the pot & add additional soil(garden mix) if necessary.
- Maintain moisture in the pot, Do not over water it may kill your plant, so make sure that the soil should be dry between watering.
- Make sure that plants get enough morning direct bright light(2-3hrs) for 10-15 days & do not go for immediate transplanting (minimum 1 month)
- After 1 month you can transplant it into slightly bigger pot than the present pot or you can remain in the same pot for 6-7 month.
- Just prune if any branch of the plant is get damaged in transits. New leaves will come definitely.